Ethyl Acetate is a sweet-smelling organic compound commonly used as a solvent in various industrial applications.
Ethyl Acetate, often recognized by its fruity fragrance, is a volatile and colorless liquid organic compound. It finds widespread use as a solvent in industries such as paints, coatings, adhesives, and pharmaceuticals due to its excellent dissolving properties and low toxicity. Moreover, it serves as a crucial component in the production of nail polish removers, artificial fruit flavors, and perfumes, enhancing their pleasant aroma. Ethyl Acetate’s volatility makes it an ideal solvent for processes requiring rapid evaporation, and its relatively low cost adds to its appeal for manufacturers. Additionally, it is considered a safer alternative to many other solvents, contributing to its popularity in various applications. Overall, Ethyl Acetate plays a pivotal role in diverse industries, primarily due to its effective solvent properties and versatile applications.
Ethyl Acetate Advantage:
Ethyl Acetate offers several advantages, making it a preferred choice in various industries:
- Excellent Solvent: Ethyl Acetate is a highly effective solvent, capable of dissolving a wide range of substances, making it valuable in the production of paints, coatings, and adhesives.
- Low Toxicity: It has a low toxicity level, making it safer for human and environmental use compared to some other solvents.
- Rapid Evaporation: Its fast evaporation rate is beneficial for processes requiring quick drying, such as inks and coatings.
- Pleasant Aroma: Ethyl Acetate’s fruity fragrance enhances its appeal in the cosmetics and fragrance industry.
- Cost-Effective: It is relatively affordable, making it a cost-effective choice for many applications.
Ethyl Acetate Uses:
- Solvent: Primarily used as a solvent in the production of paints, varnishes, lacquers, and adhesives.
- Cosmetics and Fragrances: An essential ingredient in nail polish removers, perfumes, and artificial fruit flavors.
- Pharmaceuticals: Used in pharmaceutical formulations, particularly for oral medications.
- Food Industry: Employed in the extraction of flavor compounds and as a food additive.
- Laboratory Applications: Utilized in laboratories for various analytical processes and extractions due to its solvent properties.
Ethyl Acetate Specifications ( Ethyl Acetate Analysis ):
|1||Appearance||Visual Inspection||Colorless, Clear liquid|
|2||Purity, %wt||ASTM D3545||99 (min)|
|3||Water, %wt||ASTM E1064||0.1 (max)|
|4||Acidity as Acetic Acid, %wt||ASTM D1613||0.01 (max)|
|5||Density as 20 °C , g/cm³||ASTM D1298||0.900-0.903|
|6||Color, pt-co||ASTM D1209||5 (max)|
|7||Distillation range at 760 mm Hg, °C||ASTM D1078||76.5 – 78.5|
To get more information about acetic acid please contact us.