TEG is a colorless, odorless liquid commonly used as a dehydrating agent in natural gas processing and as an antifreeze in various industrial applications.
What is Tri Ethylene Glycol (TEG)?
Tri Ethylene Glycol (TEG) is a clear, odorless, and colorless liquid with the chemical formula C6H14O4. It is a hygroscopic compound, meaning it has a strong affinity for water, and is primarily known for its use in the oil and gas industry. TEG plays a crucial role in the natural gas processing industry as a dehydration agent, helping to remove water and impurities from natural gas streams. It is also used as an antifreeze in various industrial applications and as a component in the manufacture of plastics and resins.
Tri Ethylene Glycol (TEG) Advantages:
- Efficient Dehydration: TEG is highly effective at removing water and impurities from natural gas, making it a preferred choice in gas processing.
- Low Toxicity: It has low toxicity levels, making it safe for handling and use in industrial applications.
- Versatility: TEG is versatile and finds applications in various industries, including petrochemicals, plastics, and pharmaceuticals.
- Thermal Stability: It exhibits excellent thermal stability, even at high temperatures.
- Cost-Effective: TEG is cost-effective and provides reliable performance in its various applications.
Tri Ethylene Glycol (TEG) Uses:
- Natural Gas Dehydration: TEG is widely used to remove moisture from natural gas streams during gas processing.
- Antifreeze Agent: It serves as an antifreeze in industrial cooling systems and heating applications.
- Plastics and Resins: TEG is a key component in the production of plastics, resins, and polyester fibers.
- Pharmaceutical Formulations: It is used in some pharmaceutical formulations as a solvent and stabilizer.
- Humidity Control: TEG can be employed in air conditioning and humidity control systems to regulate moisture levels.
Tri Ethylene Glycol ( TEG ) Specifications [ Tri Ethylene Glycol ( TEG ) Analysis ]:
|Test Item||Unit||Result||Test Method|
|Appearance||_||Colourless, transparent||ASTM D-4176, VISUAL|
|Color (Pt/Co)||max.||25||ASTM D-1209|
|Purity||% wt min.||99.5||SMS-2886|
|DEG||% wt max.||0.35||SMS-2886|
|PEG||% wt max.||0.1||SMS-2886|
|Water||% wt max.||0.05||ASTM E-203|
|Ash||mg/kg max.||100||ASTM D-482|
|Specific Gravity 20/20 °C||_||1.124 – 1.126||ASTM D-4052|
|Boiling Range (0.1013 Mpa)|
|5 % vol.||°C min||280||ASTM D-1078|
|95 % vol.||°C max||295||ASTM D-1078|
To get more information about Triethylene glycol please contact us.